Saturday, October 19, 2013

Parramatta under smoke

Fortunately I live nowhere near the bush fire areas, and am very happy not having to show you photos of the smoldering remains of my home. And since I don't work in the city, I also don't have any pictures of Sydney icons like the Harbor bridge or the opera house covered in smoke, or Bondi Beach under an eerie yellow-ish sky.

Still, even without any famous landmarks, the thick clouds of smoke made for a dramatic view; and so, here are some of my pics from Thursday, October 17, 2013:

Looking north on O'Connell Street, Parramatta
O'Connell Street

Looking east, towards the center of Parramatta
Parramatta River

Looking west, from the rooftop car park of the Westfield shopping center
Looking west

Looking north, from the rooftop car park of the Westfield shopping center
Parramatta

No comments:

Post a Comment